Monday, April 25, 2016

Final Communication Artifact

For our group project I was put in charge of the packaging of the company. First and foremost, the company we are representing and trying to re-brand is Saint George's favorite drink stop, "Swig". As far as Packaging I decided to take on the task of re-designing the cups used at Swig. Before I go into detail about the specifics of the design I am going to talk about the type of cups we will be using. Swig usually uses the Styrofoam cups, but with the re-brand in packaging we've decided to add a plastic cup for a better and more attractive design. Shown below is the first cup which is the 24 oz model.

As you ca see the logo and the color scheme changed! With a more serious and vibrant look I feel that people will be excited to not only buy and drink the wonderful refreshments served, but also be excited about the cool cup they got from swig. The cups are similar to their original form, but have evolved into a much more modern, plastic, coffee shop similar cup. For the 24 oz I decided to go with the pink stripe and yellow tree to represent it's size almost saying I taste good but I'm smaller  and contained.

Moving on to the next cup design we have the 32 oz cup. The yellow is brighter and I feel fit for a slightly larger cup. I liken this cup to a sun rise because when the sun rises the light continuously expands until it is overbearingly bright, and with that being said I feel that it would be hard for a customer/consumer to pass it up and not buy, A a great drink, and B a a fun vibrant cup.


The Last of the Basic cup selection is the 44 oz cup. When designing this cup it's the idea that you have accomplished something or finished the race. I say this because of the color explosion on the cup itself. Every color in our color scheme is represented here. In the first two cups you get some of the color and half the size, but when you get the 44 oz cup you get the fullness of your drink and an even more exciting cup in complete color. The point of the design and new plastic makeup is to excited the customer and non-verbally persuade that individual that they must have this drink and cup because there is nothing like it.

Before moving on to the final designs I have the rubric to which it entails the color scheme we are using and the customer analysis of who we are trying to reach specifically in regards to customers.


The last two designs I have left are what I call the deluxe cups. I hand drew these designs because I couldn't quite get it on the computer. One cup is 32 oz's and the other is 44 oz's. These cups are meant to be used as refillable cups that you can use again and also for orders that include 3 or more flavors. The first design of the deluxe cups is the 32 oz. This cup is Banner like in nature with a palm tree design circling the name of the organization which is Swig. Under that there is the new slogan which is "Mix it Up". We incorporate that because every drink at swig is a mixture of other drinks , especially in the deluxe cups that have 3 or more flavors. The design in my mind was also cool because its different, serious, and it pops. Below is the hand drawing I did for the design.

The Last Deluxe Cup which is the 44 oz I feel is the coolest and most unique design. With this one it looks like a beach in a cup, because you have the name itself on the cup with a beach umbrella incorporated, but to add more funk to this hip cup the phrase mix it up is plastered all over the cup in different fonts and colors, which is new and never done before. It's a design that speaks with this generation and especially college students. This also is a banner type cup that will wrap around the whole cup.

The last of the designs is the deluxe 44 oz cup itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment