Monday, April 4, 2016

Composing my frame (late)


I took this picture leaving the third floor of the Holland building early in the morning. I saw the view and how all the lines seems to dive to one focal point, and even the law of proximity. Seeing this I couldn't resist taking the picture, however; pertaining to the assignment I used the rule of thirds in taking this picture. The rule of thirds is seen in the lines within the picture, and that was the most prominent feature of the whole setting. There are lines in all of the railing from the top to bottom giving it a smooth flow to the smaller bottom of the staircase. Also lines are seen in the class under the railing and they are vertical instead of horizontal or angled, which makes this picture really pop. The lines can also be seen in the walls, the stairs, and surprisingly in the carpet showing both vertical and horizontal lines. I tried to get a human element involved in the picture, though it is small there is one individual at the very bottom of all the commotion which makes all of the different layers involved really stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment